SURGEON GENERAL WARNING

**WARNING/CUIDADO**

Reading this material may cause rage, apathy, suicidal ideation, homicidal tendencies, increased sexual libido, impotence, night terrors, visual and audible hallucinations, and the overwhelming want/urge to slap the shit of someone. Enjoy!



Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My FAMOUS (and Secret) Chicken Fried Steak Recipe





I know the title of this blog may seem a little... arrogant, but you can only here how absolutely fabulous your recipe is until you start to believe it!  Just ask my brother-in-law Austin and he will tell you that I make the best Chicken Fried Steak ever.  That's why I love cooking it for him and everyone else!

Here's what you will need:
Beef Cube Steak
Vegetable Oil (do not substitute with any other oil)
Flour
Eggs
Buttermilk (Whole Milk is alright too)
Salt and Pepper

Take your cube steak and soak it in buttermilk in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  In a skillet (preferably cast iron) heat your vegetable oil over MEDIUM heat.  You want about 1/4 inch of oil in the skillet.  Drain the buttermilk off the cube steak and lay out the steaks on wax paper.  Salt and pepper each side of the steak.  In the same bowl you soaked your steaks in buttermilk beat 3-4 eggs and in a separate bowl put a good amount of flour.  I like to salt and pepper my flour and my well beaten eggs, this should be done to your taste.

Now the fun part!

Take each piece of steak and dip it in the egg, lightly coat each side in flour, dip the steak in the egg once more and then dredge in flour making sure the steak is well covered in the flour.  Double batter is one of the essentials to the excellence!  After all the pieces are battered and your oil is ready, gently place your steak in the oil.  Do not, I repeat, do not cook the steaks on any higher temp than MEDIUM!  Cook the steak until the blood begins to rise on the top of the uncooked side of the steak. (about 5-6 minutes, maybe less)  Flip your steaks over.  Cook on opposite side until golden brown.  Let steaks drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.

Chicken Fried Steak so tender that you can cut it with a fork!!  To finish out my meal I like to serve peppered country gravy, homemade mashed potatoes, and sweet whole kernel corn with a big ole glass of sweet tea.  Prepare yourself for a lot of praise after serving up this southern comfort meal!

As with any recipe I share, I cannot stress enough the most IMPORTANT ingredient... LOVE!  Cook with love and you will never go wrong.

Until Next Time!

Smooches,
Hollee


No comments:

Post a Comment